Your mailbox can now hold unlimited new and archived messages. Messages can be archived for 60 days, (then they will disappear without any warning). Requests for new voicemail boxes must be e-mailed to Virginia Brady by your dept office. (We do not take requests over the telephone).
1. My phone just rings and rings and voicemail does not pick up:
2. Voicemail does not pick up when I am on the phone (the caller just gets a busy signal):
3. How do I check my voicemail from home or off-campus?
4. I cannot remember my security code:
5. I am on a shared extension and my message waiting light is on. How do I know who has the message? Once you dial 3535, the system will announce which mailboxes have messages, then you will be prompted to enter your mailbox number. The message waiting light will stay lit until that person has listened to their message.
6. How do I fast-forward through a message I don't want to listen to:
7. I want to skip someone's greeting and leave a message right away:
8. How do I get rid of a message that goes on and on and I don't hear the end:
9. I erased a message, can I get it back:
10. I am going on vacation and don't want any messages left in my mailbox while I am gone.
11. My telephone is in a shared office, the call is for someone else on this number, I want to transfer the call to their voicemail:
12. I have just listened to a saved message and still want to save it. The system does not ask me to save it again, how do I continue: At the end of the message, press 7 and you can skip to the next message. It will leave the saved message in the saved portion of your mailbox.
Virginia Brady -Telecomm Specialist - x 5565