News from Lane Community College
For release September 20, 2012
Expect congestion at LCC main campus
EUGENE, OR—The first week of classes at Lane Community College main campus brings the usual congestion for commuters. Here are some tips for commuters:
- Travel early and watch for congestion on I-5 at exit 189.
- Take the bus. Main campus and Downtown Center credit students and ESL students qualify for the LCC Bus Pass funded by the $27 student transportation fee. Information is online at www.lanecc.edu/facilities/transportation/lccbuspass.html
- Rideshare through Zimride for Lane students and employees online at www.zimride.lanecc.edu
- Carpool through LTD's Point 2 Point Solutions service online at www.point2pointsolutions.org
- Get a friend to drop you off and pick you up.
- Ride your bike. Maps are online at www.lanecc.edu/facilities/transportation
- Peak parking hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Lot N on the northeast corner of campus is always the last to fill.
- Ride your motorcycle.
- Watch for pedestrians at the four smoking shelters in Parking Lots B, L, M and N. See the map online at www.lanecc.edu/locations/main-campus
- Don't park on Gonyea Road or Eldon Schaefer Drive entrances, which can result in a citation from the Lane County Sheriff's office.
- Don’t park in fire lanes, painted red. Violators will be ticketed.
- Observe and obey all traffic and directional signs. Avoid parking on roadways, in aisles, or on landscaping where it is illegal and unsafe.
Media contact: Tracy Simms, email@example.com or (541) 463-5889